Monday, April 13, 2009

"Air Dishoner"

I'm going write about this because my brain can only retain so much information and it reached it's capacity some time in 2003. It was a good, well-functioning brain during my oldest daughters infant & toddler years. It was capable of recalling birth weight, time of birth, milestone dates, loved one's birthdays... it was much more creative then too. Every holiday or special occasion, I would do a photo shoot of my daughter in some kind of relevant "costume" or "get up" and write a cute poem for my family. It was my fun way of keeping in touch because we lived out of state at the time.
Things started to change about the time I became pregnant with my second daughter in early 2004. A friend of ours coined the term for a pregnant woman's state of mind after spending the weekend with me while carrying my daughter... "Bionic Dumbness" was the term, and it would have ticked me off, except that I knew he was right. Something happens when you are carrying a child in your womb. It literally sucks the life out of you - it sucks the nutrients from your body, it's little developing brain must suck most of your brain cells, and for sure it sucks every ounce of energy you once had. This last example of sucking is why I also coined the term "bionic tiredness". You men may have had pregnant wives or daughters that absolutely could not keep their eyes open past 5pm! That's bionic tiredness! It's like someone slipped a drug in to your pickle juice.
Anyway, back to the subject (that's the nice thing about a blog by the way, I'm assuming no one will ever read this, so I can blabber on about whatever I want - kind of the way I do when I've had a couple glasses of vino)... so, I was saying that my brain lost much of it's function in 2004 and I no longer have the ability to remember the cute little things my second daughter does and for some reason I can't seem to write it down in a book like I did my first born either.
(NOTE TO ELLIE: Some day, honey, if you get a chance to read mommy's blog. Please know that I love you to the sun and back (that's what I say to you every night at bedtime) and that it's not that I didn't care enough to write about all your wonderful milestones and cute Ellie-ism's...it's just that mommy has become an idiot. It's partially your fault so remember that when you are 35, sitting on the phych couch thinking of reasons to blame me for your problems)
Here's the warm fuzzy part:

(Bath time before my big girl got too big)

When Ellie takes her bath now (I'm getting really good now - bath time about every 2 or 3 days instead of once per week) (Wait... don't judge me - you know you secretly would like to skip bath night too - and remember she's my 2nd born. My oldest was scrubbed head to toe every night of the poor child's life!), she does a great job of washing herself, washing her hair and using what I call cream rinse or conditioner. When she can't reach the hair conditioner she'll ask me to reach it for her and she calls it "air dishoner". I know! Isn't that cute? That is precisely why I have to blog it. If I don't I'll forget she was ever so cute and innocent! And the way she pushes my buttons, I may forget in an hour.

No comments: