Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baked Beans vs. The Gym

And the winner is...... (drum roll please)

BAKED BEANS!
And the crowd goes wild! (all you women out there that that choose chocolate over crunches, chips over an apple, a Big Mac over the stepper - you know who you are - let's hear it)
I'm here to make you all feel better about yourselves. Because TODAY, baked beans won, and you are not alone.
Yesterday I packed my gym clothes so that I could work out after work. Today those gym clothes are still in the bag and I didn't even take them with me to work. Why??? That's the million dollar question. The excuse I told myself is that it's April 14th and instead of being a beautiful spring day, it's freezing, windy, rainy and down-right crappy outside. I didn't want to go from the car to the front door of the gym, so instead I drove home and pulled into my garage which allowed me to pretend it doesn't feel like February instead of April.
Not only that, but I walked straight in to my kitchen (I'm not hungry- mind you), opened the fridge and took out my mom's left-over baked beans (made with 1 lb of bacon + the bacon grease) and devoured a huge bowl full!!!!! Oh my gosh, were they good. And now, I'm sitting at my computer with a 24 oz bottle of Mtn Dew which I gave up for 4 years and recently started drinking again!
Howz that for self-control? That's the beauty of being a grown-up... I can eat and drink what I want, ha!
Now that THAT'S out of my system, I really do try to be healthy most of the time. I enjoy working out and being in shape and I dislike it when my pants are too tight and I feel like a slouch. So today is a day for no worries and sweat pants - tomorrow remains to be seen.

No comments: