Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Game Never Ends

My girls (especially the 4 year old) want to play games ALL THE TIME!!!!! Even though I say no about 500 times per day, I swear I play more games than any other grown woman in the world! That said, I just sat down to watch Scrubs and the entire time I was sitting in my chair I was trying to pretend my daughter wasn't climbing all over me, talking incessantly about nothing, repeating the words "Will you play the animal game, will you play the animal game, will you play the animal game....! As we've both been conditioned, at about the 20th time, I finally erupted "YES, I'LL PLAY THE ANIMAL GAME" (in my head it went something like this "Ugh, I'll play the stupid animal game if you will shut your trap for 10 seconds so I can relax). Anyway, first she tries to tell me that she's going to act out an animal and I have to shut my eyes and guess what she is. Do you see the problem with these rules? Let's just say - thank God for DVR once again - I had to pause my show and explain that I couldn't guess what she was acting out if I couldn't see her. Moving on... the first animal she acted out was a crab and I got it on the 2nd try. SIDE NOTE: We now have 2 pet hermit crabs, Hermy/Crabby and Larry. That'll be another blog. So, thinking I satisfied the requirement for "playing the game" I un-paused the show only to be bombarded once again by "Can you guess one more time, can you guess one more time, can you guess one more time????? PAUSE a 2nd time - So she sits down , indian style, in the lid of another board game I had to play earlier (Check-Up Charlie), blinks her left and right eye back and forth, back and forth, turns her hands into the same pincher's she used to act out the crab, flaps her knees (like the butterfly exercise) up and down and repeats "Oink, Oink, Oink, Oink.." I find myself staring at her in amazement. After guessing a few strange combinations of animals I tell her I give up. She proudly tells me she was a "Crazy bird thingy, with two pincher's and an oinking voice." Gee, how could I miss that one? What a kid! The bottom line - I am so blessed to have two beautiful daughters that want to play with their mommy, and although I may not always be in the mood to play I never regret a good game of "What animal am I?"

No comments: