Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Quiet Cup of Joe

(I love them so much, but 'like' them soo much more when they are asleep :) (I recently took a picture of my oldest sleeping too, but if you think I could find it in my unorganized mess of computer folders, you're crazy!) My alarm rings at 5:40am and my thoughts immediately go to the hot cup of coffee waiting for me down stairs. As my title suggests, I don't really call it "Joe" - it just sounded more colorful. As a matter of fact, I'm about as far from a coffee snob (sorry to those of you who know what a grande, double, mocha, skim, latte with 1/2 blah, blah, blah is) as one could be. I prefer my cheap home brewed mild coffee with 2 sweet-n-low's and lots of coffee mate. Now, I do like some of the sweet cappuccino's (not sure of the spelling) like the 2 times per year I buy a small, white mocha peppermint from Starbucks, but I'm confused by latte, mocha, cappuccino and frappuccino... So, for me - the small town, mid western girl - I wake up early (before the sun and especially before the family gets up) poor my time brewed cup of coffee, snuggle next to the pup on my favorite chair and watch whatever has recorded on my DVR the night before. My favorite mornings are Monday - "Brothers & Sisters", Thursdays - "Lost", and "Lie to Me", and Fridays - "Greys Anatomy" and "Private Practice". I think I'm forgetting one of my favorites, but it is still 6:42am! I also record Oprah each day and other random shows. DVR (TiVo) is the single most wonderful and important technological advancement of our time!!!! That is a blog on it's own, but those of you that are lucky enough to know what I mean will surely agree... Anyway, this time is MY TIME. I love it! I get up early every day and enjoy the peace and quiet of my home. I get to shoey (family code for a B.M. - that's as much explanation your are gonna get) all by myself (well almost - my dog still joins me, and if I shut the door she paw's at it until I let her in), I get to check emails, FaceBook and now - write a bit on my blog. This time fills me up just enough to start each day on a positive note. I now have exactly 5 minutes to take care of business ;-) and get my butt in the shower. 7:26am I have 4 minutes until I wake my oldest up to get in the shower and I realized that I just posted, for the world to see (and I'm sure that the world is glued to my riveting blog each day) about my most private moments. I thought you should know that I grew up with two younger sisters and my mother sharing a bathroom - there were times when 2 kids were going shoey at the same time on the same toilet! Plus, we spend the weekends in the summer at my grandfather's lake cottage and there can easily be 30 people sharing one bathroom. And, I know you fellow mom's understand that once you have children and/or pets - going 'shoey' is a community event. OK - it's been 5 minutes... gotta run.

No comments: